We are officially a week into Summer and we are gearing up with tons of fun summertime inspired essential oil posts! It’s no surprise that we love essential oils & all of their countless amazing natural benefits! Seasonal DIYs are hands down an added bonus! Today we are sharing a few of our favorite Summer-inspired DIYs + recipes that we have been using over the last few weeks. I hope you will love all the fun ways to incorporate them into your everyday all Summer long!
1. Summer Beauty Roller // In a 10 ml roller bottle: 10 drops Frankincense+ 5 drops Lavender+ 10 drops Manuka + 10 drop Gentle Baby+ 5 drops Tea Tree. Top off with carrier oil of choice: Grapeseed for oily skin or Almond or Jojoba oil for dry skin.
The heat of the summer in Alabama tends to wear my skin out and make it a little dry so I love using essential oils for extra support. I use this roller blend as a spot treatment and to promote healthy, moisturized skin!
2.After Sun Spray // In a 2 oz glass spray bottle: 10 drops Lavender + 10 drops Copaiba+ 5 drops Frankincense + 5 drops Tea Tree+ 3 drops of Peppermint*. Add 1 TBSP of Witch Hazel. Top off with distilled water. Spray on topically as needed.
Long days in the sun can really get to us, am I right? This is our go to spray after we spend a day in the sun. It supports our skin by giving it some extra moisture and it helps sooth any discomfort the sun may have caused.
This is not a replacement for sunscreen. Wearing sunscreen when outside is so important! *While breastfeeding, omit the Peppermint.
3. Outdoor Bug Spray // In a 2 oz spray bottle: 10 drops Purification + 10 drops Citronella + 5 drops Lemongrass + 5 drops Lavender + 5 drops Thieves + 5 drops Peppermint*. Add 1 TSP of witch hazel and top off with distilled water. *Optional, I omit the Peppermint for breastfeeding mamas and kiddos under 2. For young children, you can cut the recipe in half for proper dilution. Shake before each use and avoid spraying directly onto face. I prefer to spray lightly on back of the head/shirt & around ankles/shoes. Added bonus: mist this in the air around your deck before enjoying a nice family dinner outside!
4. Summer Salt Scrub // 1 cup of Sea Salt + 1/2 cup of unrefined Coconut oil + 12 drops of Orange + 12 drops of Lime + Zest of a Tangerine! Melt coconut oil, mix with salt, and add essential oils & zest. Store in a sealed glass jar, out of sunlight.
My skin can become easily affected by the sun so I love using natural ingredients to help smooth and soften my skin! This salt scrub is absolutely heavenly (and smells so delicious!).
5. Summer Linen Spray // In a 2 oz spray bottle: 5 drops Lime + 10 drops Bergamot + 10 drops Orange +5 drops Lemongrass. Mist around your home or on linens to freshen the room (at least 12+ inches away from linens to ensure oil blend does not stain) for all the summery, beachy vibes!
6. All-Natural Hand Purifier // In a 2 oz spray bottle: 20 drops Thieves + 10 drops lemon + 5 drops purification + Add 1 TBSP witch hazel & Top off with distilled water!
We like to make sure our immune systems are in tip-top shape year-round but especially in the Summer. Nobody has time to fall below the wellness line when there’s swimming and traveling to be done We spray this on our hands anytime we are out and also on shopping carts and restaurant tables.
7. Mermaid Hair Leave-in Conditioner // In a 2 spray bottle: Add in 10 drops Myrrh+ 4 drops Lavender and 2 drops Rosemary. Then add 1 tsp of Aragan oil + 1 tablespoon coconut milk. Boil 1 cup of water and add 2 TBSP of sea salt. Allow to cool, then poor into spray bottle until full. Shake & spray on wet hair! PS. Did you know that you can also add a few drops of Lavender (or Cedarwood) to your shampoo during every hair wash to promote healthy hair growth!?
Ain’t nobody got time to blow dry and straighten their hair in the summer… or at least I sure don’t! The next best thing: beachy mermaid waves.
8. Diffuser Recipes // We LOVE diffusing essential oils, instead of burning candles full of harsh chemicals and over-the-top scents. When diffusing essential oils, the scents are much more customizable (tbh, they smell amazing) and they are actually good for our health! Total win-win over here.
4 drops Lime 2 drops Spearmint 2 drops Peppermint
4 drops Orange 2 drops Peppermint 2 drops Stress Away
3 drops Idaho Balsam Fir 3 drops Pine 3 drops Stress Away
4 drops Tangerine 2 drops Lime 2 drops Wintergreen
3 drops Bergamot 3 drops Lime 2 drops Stress Away 2 drops Sandalwood
4 drops Citronella 2 drops Lavender 2 drops Lemongrass
3 drops Grapefruit 3 drops Tangerine 3 drops Joy
2 drops Vetiver 2 drops Ylang Ylang
We absolutely love our essential oils & believe that every household should have them! If you don’t already use essential oils & want to learn more, hop on over here for more information! You can also find any of the bottles or accessories that you may need for all the DIYs mentioned above covered over here in My Favorite Oil Swag! Happy Oiling, babe!