The Gameplan System is 7 simple steps:
Step 1: Put a Your Gameplan mini book in someone’s hands to help them catch the vision for the business. (You can get them in two days on Amazon Prime, here.)
Step 2: When they approach you about the business (the mini will point right back to you), sit down and do the 3-page teacher training with them that is Appendix J in the full Gameplan book.
I highly advise that you do not put the big Gameplan book in their hands at this point. It’s too much information for someone considering the business. If they are on your team and have already taught a class, go for it. Put the book in their hands. But if they are brand spanking new, wait. The Your Gameplan and the Teacher Training, a copy of the 101 Script, and a starter kit are all they need to get their fire going.
Step 3: Coach them through how to market and host their first class (attend it if you are able), and then do follow up. Once they are through one full cycle of their Young Living business, they will see that all they need is the script and their kit.
Step 4: This one is to save your sanity. After that first class, your new leader usually has a thousand questions. “Where do I place people?” “How do I do follow up?” “I have someone that wants to sell… now what??” “Can you give me a tour of the virtual office?” That’s where Gameplan comes in. Gameplan was designed to stand in for you, to train your leaders—so you’re not getting worn out with the same questions and can pour into them more specifically, motivating and exciting them. After your new leader hosts their first class, either gift them the Gameplan book and workbook or have them pick it up themselves on Amazon.
I highly recommend getting both the book and the workbook. The book will serve as an encyclopedia they can use as a reference for their entire business. The workbook will customize the book for their team, helping them write their own open and closes, set goals, fill out accountability worksheets to stay on track for the month, and more.
Step 5: Direct them to the Gameplan Bootcamp. The videos will be here forever. If they do not have enough data to watch the videos from home, watch for the DVD version of bootcamp in the coming to Amazon.
Why would you want your leader to watch Bootcamp? It’s me, coaching them personally through the book—explaining every piece of the Gameplan book, chapter by chapter—erasing their fears of getting in front of people, of sharing the oils, of coming across as “salesy”—of not knowing it all. I’ll be coaching them step by step, for free. Get them the book and workbook, and give them the link to start working through Bootcamp.
Step 6: Train 2 to train 2. What’s the first thing you do when Bootcamp is over? Find 2 people in your organization that have an interest in Young Living as a business (I’d be handing out Your Gameplans during the entire bootcamp to find those 2 people, if you’re just starting!) As soon as you’re done, start training others–the best way to solidify it in your mind is to teach it to 2 other people.
But there’s another reason. When you share your fire of doing a Young Living business, and train 2 people to train their own 2 people when their first class and their bootcamps are over, if that system keeps duplicating, you have an organization of 531,000 people and are a Royal Crown Diamond in 1 year. Whatever system you use to train, others after you have to have the same ease using it as you did. That is why Gameplan works so well.
Step 7: Rinse and repeat. Keep the cycle going. Here are a few things I’d recommend as soon as you’re done with your own bootcamp:
- Get the Gameplan book on Audible. (I like to gift it to all of my leaders that finish bootcamp). When you study from an audiobook, you’re learning it in an entirely different way. You’re using different parts of your brain to study. Different sentences will convict you. You want this information in your head constantly so it becomes second nature, and you can offer quick responses on your own team. Listen to it in the car, listen while you are doing dishes. An audible file (or Apple itunes) can be listened to from your cell phone.
- Print off the certificate of completion. You just finished the hardest bootcamp in all of Young Living! That’s a tremendous honor! If you apply the principles you have learned, you will be well on your way to growing a thriving organization, and leaving a legacy income for your family.
- Leave Sarah a review on Amazon for the Gameplan book, the Gameplan workbook, and the Gameplan mini. 70% of all purchases are based on peer reviews. If you want to come alongside her vision of getting so many Diamonds on the Young Living stage that they need a new stage—you’ll bless others after you by leaving a review.
- Print off the Gameplan-Accountability-Worksheet and start filling them out with your team every single month. This is critical to keeping you and your leaders on track.
- Start the next 5 week cycle with 2 more of your own leaders. They may be brand new in your organization, or you may pick all your Silvers or all your Stars to do it with you at once. As soon as their 25 days of Bootcamp ends, start with your next 2 leaders. And train the ones that just finished to train 2 of their own leaders. That’s how you build a Royal Crown Diamond OGV!
Ways of doing bootcamp on your own teams:
- watch the videos together in your home or individually and check in.
- have your leaders watch the videos, and then shoot a facebook live on your business page right after the Bootcamp training and have team discussions.
- offer incentives for them completing so many videos/reading chapters/doing workbook pages a week. One of my leaders kept a spreadsheet of the people on her team and gave away oils for keeping up.
- opt to slow it down a bit: do 2 videos or 3 videos a week spread over 12 weeks, instead of doing it in 25 days. Or, if your team is overwhelmed by the videos, do the book and workbook together instead and skip the videos entirely—or assign them for private viewing.
- post the videos to your page when people ask about making stores, needing to know everything, not knowing how to balance their time, etc… Use the videos as training for your team.
- gift Gameplan books to every single person that ranks up in your organization each month. (This is a deductible business expense. John and I have about 100-150 people rank a month, and every single one gets a book from us. We designed these books to be gifted. If you look on the inside cover, there is a “to/from” section with a place for you to write a note to your budding leader.
- gift packs of the mini Your Gameplan books to leaders that uprank as they are looking to grow their organization. Gift Amazon or itunes gift cards for audible books to those that complete bootcamp.
- did you know there will be a Bootcamp roundtable on the Oil Ability Facebook page every single Tuesday night at 8:30 p.m. EST? If you have questions about the book, get on live to speak to Sarah in person!
These are just a few of the ways I’ve seen the Oil Ability Silvers, Golds, and Platinums use the system on their own teams. It works! Rinse and repeat and you’re well on your way.
Thank you for trusting us with the training of your leaders. It’s not something we take lightly. I believe the Lord has a calling on our lives to help the widows, the sick and the poor. And the more of us that are released from financial bondage, the more people will benefit. So take this system—we have made it as cheap as we possibly could—and be blessed.
Visit our shop resources page for even more tools for training your team!
And keep checking this site for new updates! We’ll have more classes, new DVD’s, more interviews, more scripts, and more freebies as people make requests for what they need. It’s an honor to do this business beside you!