Winter is the time of year where our immune systems can take a hit, and it’s especially hard to keep up with work and school if you’re not on your A-game. We all want to stay healthy during the fall season, and who wouldn’t want to ditch the synthetics and use 100% pure, natural plant remedies to boost your immune system this fall? Nature’s living energy: essential oils, have the power to change your wellness routine and empower you to live a healthier lifestyle.
Here are 5 essential oils that I always use during the fall and winter months to ensure we all stay healthy and full of energy. If you’re ready to re-evalute your health routine & ditch toxic chemicals, then read on! These oils have made a radical difference for my family, and I want to share with you how we use them in our wellness routine. Not only are they safe and effective, but they are also so easy to use!
5 ESSENTIAL OILS FOR TARGETED IMMUNE SUPPORT
1. Thieves – Thieves is a blend of clove, cinnamon bark, rosemary, lemon, and eucalyptus radiata. The legend goes that a group of spice traders became thieves during the highly contagious bubonic plague. The four thieves robbed the sick, dead and dying, and were protected from the highly contagious germs. They were eventually caught by the King’s men, and forced to tell the secret to their immunity. When the King learned their secret, he had the thieves oil recipe posted throughout the city. Thieves can be inhaled or used topically to reduce the symptoms of cold & cough. Diffuse thieves during the day or night to purify the air. You can also apply a couple drops to the bottom of your feet, or add 10 drops to a 10 ml roller bottle and apply topically.
2. Oregano – This versatile oil is warming to the skin and promotes a strong sense of comfort and relaxation. Many people are familiar with the benefits of taking oregano oil capsules during cold and flu season. Oregano contains carvacrol and thymol, two natural plant phenols which act as antiseptics and antioxidants. Oregano also contains pinene and terpinene, which are antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and have anesthetic properties. Linalool, and bonreol are other natural chemical constituents found in oregano oil, which also contribute to it’s antiviral and antiseptic qualities.
Add 2-3 drops to a veggie capsule with thieves, and lemon essential oil for immune system support during cough and cold season.
3. Lemon – Lemon essential oil is rich in naturally occurring D-Limonene. It can be inhaled to reduce the symptoms of cough or cold. Add a couple drops to a veggie capsule with fractionated coconut oil to take internally, or add 1 drop to a teaspoon of honey to soothe a sore throat while boosting immunity!
4. R.C. – is an invigorating blend of cypress, spruce, and three varieties of eucalyptus that is comforting when applied to the chest and throat. R.C. is approved as a natural health product in Canada, and can be inhaled to reduce the symptoms of cold & cough.
To combat congestion, add R.C. to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place a towel over your head and inhale the steam from the mixture. Or, you can make your own “vapo rub” by adding R.C. to coconut oil, and massaging it into your chest. This is a blend you will always want to have on hand for fighting congestion and coughs in the fall and winter!
5. Immupower – is a powerful blend of Young Living therapeutic grade essential oils that create a fragrant and protective haven while increasing positive feelings. Immupower contains: Hyssop, Mountain savoury, Cistus, Camphor, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense), Oregano, Clove, Cumin seed oil, Dorado azul seed oil. In Aromatherapy clove (one of the key constituents in immupower) is approved as an NHP, and can be used topically or inhaled reduce the symptoms of cold & cough. Diffuse during the fall and winter to energize the body.
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 4 drops of coconut or olive oil and apply topically.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.