Raising kids honestly gives us enough to worry about. Some days the only thing that can help is silence and a good nap—Young Living’s gentle, all-natural children’s products definitely make the job a little easier. Their essential oils, body care products, supplements, etc are designed to help taking care of our little ones a breeze! We use essential oils for just about EVERYTHING— from immune support, to reducing fever, tummy-aches, ear discomfort, emotional support, seasonal allergies and my favorite—sleep support, just to name a few. You name it! Essential oils are our saving grace and today I am sharing our favorite essential oil tips & tricks; KID EDITION: #becausekids + I’m #tiredasamother 😉
The KidScents Oil Collection is a comprehensive kit that addresses the most common concerns of childhood. This kit includes six mild essential oil blends, formulated especially for children:
- GeneYus™ is an excellent blend to diffuse for young minds that are focusing and concentrating on projects. This is a great oil blend to put in your kids’ backpack, so they can use it during class or study sessions. Add a roller fitment to the top of the bottle and have your children apply it to the back of their neck or on their wrists while they are studying at school or working on homework!
- Apply Owie™ topically to improve the appearance of your child’s skin. If your kids are playing outside a lot, this is a must! Simply apply to the needed area. The oils in this blend were specifically chosen for this reason. You can apply it to the knees, elbows, or anywhere that may need a little extra love and attention.
- Diffuse SleepyIze™ at bedtime for a peaceful aromatic environment. If you love RutaVaLa and want your children to enjoy some of the same benefits, you need to give this blend a try! SleepyIze contains all of the oils found in RutaVaLa—Valerian, Rue, and Lavender— in addition to five other essential oils that can help create a calming, relaxing environment. Try applying SleepyIze on your kids’ big toes, along the back of their neck, or down their spine to help create a very peaceful, calming, and relaxing environment before bed. If you missed out on your free RutaVaLa last month, you can redeem yourself this month!
- SniffleEase™ is a rejuvenating and refreshing blend formulated just for kids. Try applying to your kids’ chest, behind the neck, or add a few drops in your children’s palms and have them take a few deep breaths to experience the powerful aroma of this blend. This blend is great to have on hand at all times during the year.
- TummyGize™ is a relaxing, quieting blend that can be applied to little tummies. Try applying a few drops to your kid’s tummy and rub in a clockwise motion. This is great to apply after a meal, in times when your kid’s stomach needs additional comfort, or in conjunction with MightyZyme.
Conveniently packaged in an easy-to-carry case, this collection comes with two roll-on fitments for easy application, especially for Owie and TummyGize. This arsenal of proprietary blends has been formulated in the appropriate strength to meet the needs of children and is a safe, natural alternative to comparable products found on many store shelves. With the KidScents Oil Collection, parents and caregivers can safely and effectively navigate children through childhood to become healthy and happy adults.
One of our favorite KidScents oils is GeneYus! This blend is designed specifically to help young minds better focus and concentrate. Keep this one on hand for when your active little ones might need a little help paying attention and getting work done. We apply GeneYus on the back of our babes’ necks right before heading off to school!
• Helps child stay on task
• Soothes sensitive skin
• Supports healthy skin
• Calms the body
• Uplifts the senses
• Relaxes the mind and body
Did You Know?
• Good emotional and behavioral health is an integral part of healthy development and enhances a child’s sense of well-being, supports rewarding social relationships with family and peers, and facilitates achievement of full academic potential. (SurgeonGeneral.gov)
• Early childhood experiences have lasting, measurable consequences later in life; therefore, fostering emotional well-being from the earliest stages of life helps build a foundation for overall health and well-being. (SurgeonGeneral.gov)
On days when your toddlers are spinning aimlessly throughout your house like the Tazmanian Devil, destroying every nook and cranny — there’s an oil for that! Our DIY Tantrum blend includes a little Peace & Calming, because every mother can use a helping hand 😉
To make: in a rollerball bottle, add 20 drops Orange, 15 drops Valor + 10 drops Release (or Peace & Calming)
One of our favorite essential oils to use on the kids is Peace & Calming (I or II). Rub a drop in the palm of your hands and then onto your baby’s lovey or blanket, put a few drops onto a clothes pin & clip it into your air vent in your car for a makeshift diffuser or rub a drop directly behind your older kids ears. We also mist our pillows, jammies or lovies before bed with our DIY Sweet Dreams blend.
To make: 10 drops Lavender + 5 drops Cedarwood. Fill the rest of way up with distilled water. Sweet dreams, darling!
For more on our night time routine, read here.
Have little ones with new teeth coming in? From discomfort to loss of sleep, it’s hard on everyone when your little one is teething. Try massaging your babe’s gums with our DIY Teething blend to soothe!
To make: in a rollerball, add 2-3 drops of Thieves + Copaiba (Clove, if you have it handy) & top off with fractionated coconut oil. Apply directly to gums to relieve discomfort caused from teething.
Add a drop of Copaiba to a wooden or cloth teether. Can also be done on a cold or frozen wash cloth. Did you know that Copaiba is gentle enough to use without a carrier oil? Recommended usage for 4+ months, but of course it is all what you are comfortable with.
Have a little one and not sure how to start using oils on them? Try a few drops of Lavender or Peace & Calming on your hands, and rub them on your babes favorite blanket or stuffed animal before they go to snuggle town.
KidScents® Slique™ Toothpaste uses Thieves and Slique Essence essential oil blends to gently clean and protect teeth. This safe and effective blend promotes healthy teeth without the use of fluoride, dyes, synthetic colors, artificial flavors, or preservatives.
Pro tip: Add a drop of Orange to your toothbrush/paste to promote noticeably brighter, whiter teeth
Finding great bath products for our babes can be such the struggle!! Compared to competing bargain brands, the YL KidScents® line contains no synthetic perfumes, colors, or toxic ingredients. The natural components in the KidScents® shampoo—aloe, MSM, Chamomile, and Tangerine and Lemon essential oils—effectively and gently cleanse without causing irritation or burning your babes eyes & the KidScents® bath gel is formulated with MSM, aloe vera, antioxidants, and pure Lemon, Cedarwood, and other essential oils, this liquid soap is pH balanced for children’s skin, while cleansing and protecting sensitive skin!
Pro tip: add a drop or two of Lavender in their bath water, and diffuse RC + Lemon next to the tub as the room gets steamy.
I hope this is helpful for any mamas who aren’t sure how to use their oils or for those of you considering getting started! As always, you can find more on which essential oils are safe for use during pregnancy, birth and beyond, here, or you can follow along on my Grits & Grace page for lots of oily goodness! Happy Babies = Happy Mamas! Happy oiling, babes!
What are your favorite essential oils to use for your family/children? Do you have a favorite Young Living product? Leave us a comment!