Creamy, vanilla-scented bars, perfect with a cup of coffee! This soft, almost soufflé-like is kind of a casserole, kind of a cake — and the perfect breakfast dish! This one-bowl treat is simplicity itself to throw together first thing in the morning. Lemon oil is added for extra punch, a perfect counterpoint to the sweet berries.
1 box King Arthur Essential Goodness mix
Lemon essential oil
2 large eggs
2 eight-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick (4 tbl spoons) butter, melted
1. PREHEAT | oven to 325*F. Lightly grease 8X8 or 9X9 square pan.
2. COMBINE | melted butter and crust mix to form uniform crumbs.
3. PRESS | crumbs evenly into bottom and slightly up sides of pan.
4. BAKE | crust for 14-16 minutes. Remove from oven.
5. MIX | filling mix and cream cheese, until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing just until blended. Add 2-3 drops of Lemon essential oil. Scrape bowl after each addition.
6. POUR | and spread battle evenly over hot, baked crust.
7. BAKE | 8″ pan for 28-36 minutes (9″ pan for 18-24 minutes) until the filling is set except for a small wiggle in the center when the pan is shaken. Cool bars for 1 hour at room temperature: then at least 3 hours or overnight in refrigerator before cutting.
8. ENJOY! | served best with a cup of coffee.
Optional: blueberries + powdered sugar
Plus, all ingredients in mix are sourced non-gmo, no preservatives, no artificial colors or flavors and no corn syrup.
BAKE FOR GOOD.
Buy any King Arthur Flour Essential Goodness mix + give a meal — together let’s solve hunger. For each King Arthur Flour Essential Goodness mix purchased, they’ll donate the cost for Feeding America to supply 1 meal* through its network to local food banks. The more you buy, the more they give. There’s no limit to how much they’ll give, and no end date to this campaign. Together, let’s give new meaning to baking for good. To learn more, visit: kingarthurflour.com/bakeforgood
*$0.11 helps provide 1 meal secured by Feeding America on behalf of member food banks. King Arthur Flour guarantees a minimum of 1 million meals (monetary equivalent of $110,000) by 6/30/17.
Let’s hear it! Do you cook with Young Living? If so, what is your favorite way to incorporate Young Living into your meals? Tell us below!
This post was in partnership with King Arthur Flour, thank you for supporting the brand that support us!