We are SO excited to announce that Young Living has launched their line of chemical-free makeup today, Savvy Minerals! Free of cheap fillers and synthetics. We love that Young Living is giving us healthy, chemical-free options for every area of our life! Savvy Minerals is vegan, not tested on animals, ideal for sensitive skin and provide beautiful, buildable color for all day wear.
A Savvy woman should never have to compromise quality for beauty. That’s why Savvy Minerals by Young Living™ was formulated to include only the most pristine ingredients.
Every Savvy Minerals product was carefully crafted so you can feel fabulous about yourself and what you’re putting on your skin. Our range of products is developed with an unwavering standard of purity and quality, giving you a full variety of naturally derived products made without cheap fillers or synthetics—and that’s a beautiful thing! Wherever life takes you, Savvy Minerals is here to empower you to be the woman you want to be.
Find Your Shade
Each tone of Savvy Mineral Foundation—Warm, Cool, and Dark—comes in various shades, with No. 1 as the lightest shade. As the number goes up, the shade gets darker. Using your undertone and the shade finder below, select the shade that’s closest to your skin. For your truest tone, look at the skin on your lower cheek, near your jawline.
Find Your Undertone
The first step to flawless foundation is knowing your undertone. Our Warm colors look best on yellow, peach, and gold undertones; our Cool colors look great on pink or red undertones; and our Dark colors have neutral undertones.
Not sure which undertone you have? Look at the underside of your forearm to find out. If the veins on your arm have a green tinge, you’re likely warm. If they look bluish, you likely have a cool undertone.
You can also get some hints from the jewelry and clothes you wear. Which metals and colors look great on you? Which make your skin glow? If you reach for silver jewelry and white, black, blue, green, and blue-red clothes, you probably have cool undertones. Tend to favor gold jewelry and ivory, cream, brown, warm reds, and yellows? You likely have warm undertones.
Ensuring the Perfect Match
Now that you know your undertone and shade, how do you ensure that you have your best color? Your perfect match should beautifully blend into your natural skin color. Keep in mind that if you don’t see your desired coverage after application, your color may be too light. Try choosing a color one shade darker to help you get the coverage you’re after.
To check your match, generously apply Savvy Minerals Foundation to your lower cheek, near the jawline, and look at the application in natural light. If it disappears on your skin, you know you’ve found the one! Remember that depending on the season—and your tan—your shade might change. Check your foundation often to make sure you’re always wearing your best match.
Pro tip: You can mix Savvy Minerals Foundations together to create a custom foundation shade made just for you.
Most blondes and brunettes are a Warm 02.
Tips & Tricks
- Check Your Veins
Push your sleeves up and look at the veins on the inside of your wrist. Are they blue or green? If they look more blue, you likely have cool undertones. If the veins look greenish, you’re warm.
- The Jewelry Trick
Think about whether you look better in silver or gold jewelry Typically, girls with cool undertones look better in silver and platinum metals, and warm-toned women look better in gold.
- The Neutral Test
Think about what neutral shades flatter you best. Does your skin, eyes, and face look better in bright white and black hues, or ivory, off-whites, and brown/tan shades? The former means you’re probably cool-toned, and the latter, warm.
- Eye and Hair Color
Your natural eye and hair colors can help figure out your coloring. Customarily, cool people have eyes that are blue, gray, or green and have blond, brown, or black hair with blue, silver, violet and ash undertones. Conversely, warm-toned women usually have brown, amber, or hazel eyes with strawberry blond, red, brown, or black hair. Their hair tends to have gold, red, orange, or yellow undertones.
- The Sun’s Effects
When you’re out in the sun, does your skin turn a golden-brown, or does it burn and turn pink first? If you fit into the former category, you’re warm-toned, while cool tones tend to burn.
- We have two different bronzers: one for light skin (Crowned All Over) and one for darker or more sun-kissed skin (Summer Loved).
- There are three blushes: Smashing, I Do Believe You’re Blushin’, and Passionate.
- There are 8 mineral-based eye shadows! Shown above.
- Jetsetter Eyeliner that you can use the Misting Spray to create a liquid liner (To use: spray in lid and dip eye liner brush to create a liquid) or wear dry for a softer liner.
- Multitasker: dark brown color that can be used on brows, as eyeliner or as eye shadow. Tip: also covers gray roots! 😉
- The two gloss colors (more accurate colors above) are Embrace (nude-y pink) and Abundance (light pink) and they are both infused with Peppermint oil. Dreamy!
- Choose from four lipsticks: On a Whim, Day Dream, Wish, and Uptown Girl. They are moisturizing and give you a really pretty and natural color.
- Misting spray: one of our favorite products!! At only $15 you will want to stock up on this. You can spray this on your makeup brush for a creamier foundation application (spray on brush then swirl in cap with tapped out foundation). Includes: Aloe, Cedarwood, Geranium, Lavender and Rose oil. Can be used to refresh your face or set your makeup as well!
- Mineral Veil: a setting powder that gives you a finished, air brushed look. Smoothes and blurs fine lines and pores.
If you haven’t already joined as a Wholesale Member to get exclusive pricing on Savvy Minerals makeup, you can join here! Happy Oiling, babes!
For more information on Savvy Minerals, visit here.